TERMS OF SERVICE
IMPORTANT:Arttora – Plumind Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a company incorporated under the
Companies Act, 2013,
with its registered office at #57, 15 cross road, Gangadhar Nagar, 6th Phase JP Nagar, Bangalore –
(hereinafter referred to as “Company”), is the sole owner of the website www.arttora.com (“Website”,
which expression shall include any versions of the Website designed for use on mobile phones and
other devices) and
associated domain names, trademarks and mobile applications.
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) constitute a binding contract between Company and you or
the business you
represent (“User”) as an account holder on the Website. User’s registration, use or access to the
Services shall be
governed by these Terms. If User does not agree to these Terms, User must not access or use the
Website in any manner.
Without prejudice to any other specific requirement which may be laid out in these Terms, User’s use
of the Services and specifically,
User’s acceptance of these Terms as aforesaid shall be deemed to be a representation from the User
that the User is fully able and
competent to lawfully enter into and form contracts, and agree to the terms, conditions,
obligations, affirmations, representations,
and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms.
Headings of clauses are only for convenience and are not intended to be used to interpret the
contents thereunder. Please read these Terms fully.
- The Company offers to every registered User the following facilities:
- Listing Facility: Pursuant to which a registered User (“Host”) may list and offer
theirclasses(“Classes”) to other Users who wish to enroll in these Classes(“Seekers”);
- Learning Facility: Pursuant to which a registered User/ Seeker may enroll in the Classes
described aboveand learn from the specified Host.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, if the User becomes aware of any
errors on the Website, the User shall contact the Company with the details of the errors and
corrections. The Company shall make all reasonable efforts to carry out the corrections but
shall not have any further liability to the User in respect thereof.
2. Applicability of the Terms
- By the User’s use of the Website, User hereby gives unconditional consent to:
- These Terms.
reference. [Click here to view the Privacy
- Any other notice, disclaimer, policy, or term of use, by whatever name called,
which may be applicable to the use of the Services from time to time.
- As a pre-condition to use the Services on the Website, User may be required to register and log
in to the User account. The User may register on the Website by filling the specified forms and
providing the Company with copies of the requisite personal details, including but not limited
to User’s name, phone number, E-mail id, proof of identity, PAN, AADHAR as specified by the
Company from time to time. The User hereby represents and warrants that any information the
User provides for the aforesaid purpose is correct and complete in all material respects.
The User shall be solely responsible to keep such information updated from time to time.
Further, it shall be the User’s sole responsibility to ensure that all such documents are
legible, not expired or otherwise invalid.
- Upon successful registration on the Website, the Company shall assign the User an account and
issue a unique member ID. User shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality
and security of User’s member ID and password. User is solely responsible for the activity that
occurs on the User’s account, and User must keep the User’s account password secure. User must
notify the Company immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of User’s account.
The Company hereby disclaims any responsibility for use of the Services by any other person
through User’s account, irrespective of whether or not User permitted such use.
- Upon acceptance of these Terms, User shall be permitted use of a dashboard. The dashboard shall
enable the User to provide to the Company information about User’s profile, the facilities which
User chooses to list or avail on the Website, the description and prices of such facilities as
the case may be, and such other information as required from time to time by the Company in its
sole discretion. Upon a Seekerenrolling in a Class on the Website, the details of the particular
Class and the Host’s details, including name, address, email address and phone number shall be
made visible to the Seeker. The dashboard shall permit the User to view and track all ongoing
Classes. Details regarding Classesin which the User had enrolled in the past shall be available
on the dashboard only for a period of 3 (three) months after the date of expiry of the relevant
Class, after which period the data shall be purged by the Company.
collecting information about User’s use of the Services. User hereby waives any objection to the
same. Please note that if the User disables cookies and such features, User may not be able to
avail of the Services effectively, and the Company shall not be responsible for the same.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or any liability, whether in
contract or other theory of liability, resulting from any unauthorized use of User’s account.
However, User shall always be liable for the losses of the Company or others due to such
- Subject to successful registration or login, as the case maybe, and User’s continued adherence
to these Terms and any other terms and conditions prescribed from time to time, the
Company shall permit User to access the Website and use the Services.
- Except as expressly provided herein, the Company does not grant any express or implied
to use the Services. In addition to the restrictions specified in these Terms, User shall also
comply with any special terms and conditions in respect of any specific Service.
- Without prejudice to its other rights and remedies, the Company may, without prior notice,
User’s access or use of Website (or any features within the Website), indefinitely suspend or
immediately terminate this contract with the User or stop the User from using the Services if it
is discovered that the details the User gave at the time of registration or login are materially
inaccurate or false, or if the User fails to keep such details updated from time to time, in its
sole discretion. The Company may also launch, change, upgrade or impose conditions to suspend or
stop any Services or any features without prior notice, except that in case of a fee-based
such changes will not adversely affect the paying Users in enjoying that Service.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, the Companyreserves the right to
access to some or all parts of this Website or to discontinue any aspect of the Services at any
4. Rights and Obligations of the Parties
- Responsibilities of the Company:
- The Company, through its Website shall act as a platform and facilitate Users to:(a)List
and offer Classes online; and (b) enroll in these Classes and learn from the Hosts. The
Website shall enable the Seeker to identify a suitable Classby displaying details of all
relevantHosts as per the requirements specified by the Seekeron the Website.
- The Website shall, upon the Seeker identifying a Hostof their choice, generate a
quotation to theSeeker.
- Upon successful enrolment, including but not limited to payment of the relevant feesby
the Seeker, the Company shallensure that the Seeker has access to the particular class
of the Seeker’s choice.
- The Company shall ensure that the Hosthas been credited with the relevant portion of
thefee paid by the Seekerimmediately upon receiving information of a successful
for the Host’s Class.
- Responsibilities of the Host:
- The Host shall hold valid qualification for the purpose of conducting theClass and shall
provide the Company proof of the same.
- The Hostshall co-ordinate with the Seekerand schedule the lessons and other
- The Host shall honour their commitment to the Class and shall finish the lessons as
- The Host shall pay Company the relevant charges towards the Services in the manner
specified by the Company from time to time.
- Responsibilities of the Seeker:
- The Seeker shall pay Company the relevant charges towards the Services in the manner
specified by the Company from time to time.
- The Seekershall co-ordinate with the Hostregardingscheduled lessons and mode of
- The Seeker shall not allow anyone to impersonate their identity for the purpose of the
- The Seeker shall promptly disengage at the end of the scheduled Classand shall not
on extending the Class without re-enrollment.
5. Consideration and Payment Terms
- The User shall pay the Company in the following manner:(a) Prior to listing the Class on the
Company’s website, the Host shall pay the Company such charges as may be more fully described in
a separate contract entered into by the Company and the Host; and (b) The Seeker shall pay the
relevant fees at the time of enrollment, prior to commencement of the Class.
- Even if the Services are provided on a ‘no charge’ basis for a limited period of time, the
Company shall have the right to charge such charges as it determines in its sole discretion from
time to time. If the Company decides to charge the User for the Services, then User shall, in
consideration of being rendered the Services, pay to the Company such charges. Notwithstanding
anything to the contrary, all charges shall be non-refundable.
- All payments shall be made by credit card, debit card or such other method as the Company may
specify from time to time.
- Unless permitted otherwise by the Company as per the then prevalent subscription package, all
charges shall be paid in advance of availing of the Services and shall be non-refundable. For
the avoidance of doubt, Company shall not refund any amount regardless of the reason for the
termination or annulment of these Terms, even if User discontinues the Services during the
period of User’s then current subscription package.
- Service tax or any other central, state or local tax shall be charged extra at actuals and User
shall pay the same.
- Except as provided herein, the User shall be responsible for all of User’s expenses related to
- User shall have no right to set off or adjust amounts due from User to the Company from any
amounts that are actually or allegedly due by the Company to the User. However, the Company
shall have the right to set off any amounts that are payable by the User to the Company (in
reimbursement or otherwise) against any payments the Company may make to User.
- Non-payment of charges and such other amounts shall result in suspension or termination of these
Terms and User’s ability to use the Services.
- While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, the Company will not be
responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising
directly or indirectly to User due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction/s; or
- Payments exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by User and between bank/s; or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction; or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
- User understands, accepts and agrees that the payment facility provided by Company is neither a
banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated
online electronic payment, receiving payment through collection and remittance facility for the
transactions on the Company’s Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and
credit card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing payment facility, the Company is
neither acting as trustee nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the particular
6. Representations and Warranties
- User hereby represents and warrants that:
- User is authorized to accept these Terms and perform all User’s obligations hereunder.
- User shall perform User’s obligations diligently and in a manner that always reflects well on
- These Terms may be amended at any time by the Company. All such amendments shall be binding on
the User effective 24 (twenty-four) hours after the amended Terms are made available on the
Website. It shall be User’s sole responsibility to check this page regularly to take notice of
any changes the Company may have made to these Terms. If User does not agree with any amendment,
the User shall stop User’s usage of the Services with no liability from the Company to User
except in case of orders placed prior to the amendments.
- Although the Company may attempt to notify the User when major changes are made to these Terms,
it shall be solely the User’s responsibility to read and understand the most up-to-date version
of the Terms on the Website. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any third-party
rights or benefits.
- User agrees, understands and acknowledges that the Website is an online platform that enables
the User to list and browse certain Classeson the Website. The User further agrees and
acknowledges that the Company is only a facilitator and is not and cannot be a party to or
control in any manner any transactions on the Website. Accordingly, the contract to provide the
facilities on the website shall be a strictly bipartite contract between Host and the Seekeron
this Website. Accordingly:
- All commercial / contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Host and
Seekeralone. The Company does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in
any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such instruction or learning
between the Host andSeeker.
- At no time shall the Company have any obligations or liabilities in respect of a
contract entered into between Host andSeeker.
9. Use of the Services
- User hereby represents and warrants that the User shall make use of the Services as a prudent,
reasonable and law-abiding citizen.
- The Company may, in its sole discretion, suspend User’s use of the Services or terminate User’s
contract under these Terms.
- The Company shall not be responsible for the unavailability of the Website or any delay or
failure resulting from any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to infrastructure
issues, server uptime, network availability and connectivity.
- User agrees not to use any data mining, robots or similar data and/or image gathering and
extraction methods in connection with the Services.
- User shall not use the Services to do anything that is contrary to the law, decency or
- User shall not use the Service to make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send
junk mail or spam to others.
- User shall not take any action that would cause the Company to suffer any types of losses.
- User agrees not to collect or harvest from the Services any personally identifiable information,
including account names, or to use the communication platforms provided by the Services (e.g.,
comments, email) for any commercial solicitation or other purposes.
- In User’s use of the Services, User shall always comply with all applicable laws.
- User shall not copy, reproduce, make available online or electronically transmit, publish,
adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit the content
on the Website.
- User agrees not to hack, circumvent, disable, corrupt or otherwise interfere with
security-related features of the Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of
any content or enforce limitations on use of the Services or the content therein. User shall
also not attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any facilities available on the
- In User’s use of the Services, User shall not transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm,
logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of
confidence or in any way offensive or obscene hack into any aspect of the Services.
- Except for the Services explicitly provided, the Company does not provide, control or endorse
any third-party information, products or services in any manner whatsoever, even if such third
party information, products or services are advertised on the Website. The Website may contain
links to other websites (“Linked Websites”), which are not moderated or operated by the Company.
The Company has no control over the Linked Websites and accepts no responsibility for them or
for any loss or damage that may arise from User’s use of such Linked Websites. User’s use of the
- The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by distributed denial-of-service
attacks, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect User’s computer
equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to User’s use of the
Website or download of any material from the Website.
- Breach of the above clauses shall amount to a criminal offence under the National Cyber Security
Policy 2013. The Company shall report any such breach and disclose User’s identity to the
relevant law enforcement authorities.
10. Termination and Suspension
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, any other terms, or any other
communication between User and the Company, Company may terminate the Services at any time with
or without notice, and for or without any reasons, with absolutely no liability to User.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing:
- Company reserves the right to terminate these Terms without notice and without liability
to User on becoming aware that the User has violated these Terms or any other guidelines
and rules published in respect of the Services.
- If the Company reasonably concludes based on information available to the Company that
User’s actions and/or performance in connection with the Terms may result in a
significant number of customer disputes, chargebacks or other claims in connection with
the Website, Company may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate User’s access to
all or part of the Services at any time in Company’s discretion, without prior notice or
liability to the User.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL
CONSTITUTE OR CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN AS AGAINST THE
- USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT USER’S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES AND ANY
DATA, INFORMATION, THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, REFERENCE SITES, SERVICES, OR SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE
IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” “WITH
ALL FAULTS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR
- THE USER HEREBY AGREES THAT THE COMPANY DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY INSURANCE REGARDING ANY OF THE
SERVICES RENDERED BY IT ON ITS OWN, OR THROUGH ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ASSIGNEES.
12. Intellectual Property
- The Company and its licensors, if any, shall be the sole and absolute owners of the Services,
including but not limited to the idea behind the Services, the copyright in all content on the
Website and all trademarks, designs, logos and other insignia of trade used on the Website and
elsewhere during the performance of the Services, all of which are subject to protection under
patent, copyright, trade mark and trade secret and other intellectual property laws of India and
other countries. User may use the content supplied solely for User’s own personal use. User is
not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of
the content or copies of the content supplied to User or which appears on this Website nor may
User use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. Any copying
of any part of the Services or marks shall entail immediate termination of these Terms without
prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the Company, including for civil wrongs and
13. Limitation of Liability
- THE COMPANY HAS UNDERTAKEN GREAT CARE TO ENSURE THAT ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS
ACCURATE, BUT THE COMPANY NEITHER WARRANTS NOR MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY,
ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY DATA, INFORMATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, PARTNERS AND EMPLOYEES, OR ITS CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, PARTNERS,
OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO THE USER FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL,
PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, LOST
REVENUES, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR NON-PECUNIARY LOSS OR DAMAGE
OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR
OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE
THE SERVICES; (II) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF USER’S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (III)
DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR RELATED SERVICES, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO
PROVIDE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS
OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR (IV) ANY
OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE,
DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE
WEBSITE OR SERVICE. IF THE FOREGOING LIMITATION IS NOT ENFORCEABLE, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE
COMPANY SHALL BE INR 500/- (INDIAN RUPEES FIVE HUNDRED ONLY).
- USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET
FORTH HEREIN REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE USER AND THE COMPANY,
AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN FORM AN
ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN USER AND COMPANY. THE COMPANY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO
PROVIDE THE SERVICE TO THE USER ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS.
- THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR NON-AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE DURING PERIODIC
MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS OR ANY UNPLANNED SUSPENSION OF ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE THAT MAY OCCUR DUE
TO TECHNICAL REASONS OR FOR ANY REASON BEYOND COMPANY'S CONTROL. USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES
THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS DONE
ENTIRELY AT USER’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND USER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO
THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR
- THE SERVICES ARE CONTROLLED AND OFFERED BY THE COMPANY FROM ITS FACILITIES IN INDIA. IF YOU ARE
A USER OUTSIDE INDIA, PLEASE TAKE NOTE THE COMPANY IS SUBJECT ONLY TO INDIAN LAW AND ONLY TO THE
JURISDICTION OF INDIAN – BANGALORE CITY COURTS. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE
SERVICES ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE A USER
OUTSIDE INDIA, YOU MAY USE THE SERVICES SOLELY ON YOUR OWN VOLITION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU
SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
- 14.1. User hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates,
officers, partners, employees, consultants and agents, from and against any and all third party
claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but
not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) User’s use of the Services; (ii) User’s
violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) User’s violation of any third party right, including
without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. This indemnification obligation
shall survive these Terms and use of the Services.
15. Governing Law and Arbitration
- These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic
of India without respect to its conflict of laws provisions.
- Disputes, if any, shall be attempted to be resolved amicably for thirty (30) days. Unresolved
disputes shall be referred to an independent, sole arbitrator in Bangalore city appointed by the
Company in accordance with the procedure established by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act,
1996. Subject to the foregoing, User hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts
in Bangalore city.
- Headings. All headings used in these Terms are for convenience only and shall not affect
the construction hereof.
- Waiver. No failure or delay in exercising any right, power or remedy hereunder shall
operate as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power
or remedy preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right,
power or remedy hereunder. No waiver of any provision hereof shall be effective unless the same
shall be in writing and signed.
- verability. If any provision of these Terms is prohibited or unenforceable, it shall be
ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability, and such prohibition or
unenforceability shall not invalidate the balance of such provision to the extent it is not
prohibited or enforceable nor the remaining provisions hereof, nor render unenforceable such
provision in any other jurisdiction. In the event any provisions of these Terms shall be held to
be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the parties hereto shall use their best efforts to
substitute valid, legal and enforceable provisions which, insofar as practical, implement the
- mulative Remedies. The remedies herein provided are cumulative and not exclusive of any
remedies provided by law.
- rce Majeure: If the whole or any part of the performance of the respective obligations of
the parties hereunder is prevented or delayed by reasons of natural calamities, war, arson,
civil disturbance, and such other reasons beyond the reasonable control of a person (each a
“Force Majeure Event”), then to the extent either party shall be prevented or delayed from
performing all or any part of their respective obligations under these Terms despite due
diligence and reasonable efforts to do so, then such party shall be excused from performance
hereunder for so long as reasons of Force Majeure Event. A Force Majeure Event shall not affect
the payment obligations of the parties unless there is legal bar / embargo to the making of the
- signment: The right to use the Services is personal to the User and is not transferable
by assignment, sublicense, or any other method to any other person or entity.